Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Best way to cook your turkey, by far!!!

This is a recipe that I posted last Thanksgiving that you HAVE to use.

This was way yummy. I didn't have organic salt so I used regular, though I don't know what the difference would be. I also think this recipe was used for a regular big bird, somewhere between 12-20 lbs so I cut it in half for the turkey breast we bought.

- One gallon of chicken or vegetable broth (homemade is best, but it’s a pain to make).
- One cup of organic salt (using iodized salt isn’t necessary).
- Four tablespoons of spices: (I like rosemary, thyme, sage, and a little pepper and cinnamon).
- One cup of sugar.
- One gallon of water.

Pour all the ingredients into your biggest stockpot and bring it to a boil. Turn off the heat and cool to room temp. Wash and clean your turkey thoroughly. Put that bird into your newly made brine recipe and make sure he’s completely covered. Place your brined turkey into the refrigerator overnight or at as long as possible.

No comments: