Thursday, December 16, 2010

Lemon Cupcakes

This is the recipe I made for Robyn's party that some of you requested. They were so easy it's almost embarrassing to admit.

For the cupcakes:
1 box lemon cake mix
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup oil
4 large eggs

Combine all and bake in mini cupcake pan according to directions on cake box. Cool on rack and then put in freezer for 30 minutes.

When cupcakes are done freezing, use a lemon baller to scoop a small amount of cake from the tops of cupcakes. Fill with lemon curd. I just put it in a ziplock and cut off the corner.

Frosting:

1 teaspoon fresh lemon rind, grated
3 tablespoons butter
3 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon water
1 dash salt

Whip all ingredients together until light and fluffy. Pipe on top of cupcakes, covering the lemon curd completely. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Robyn said...

what kind of lemon curd did you get and what store did you get it? i bought some (i can't remember where) a while back and it was gross!

Johnsons of Haymarket said...

I usually use lemon curd (can't remember which brand) but I couldn't find it at Target so I just used lemon pie filling and it seemed to work fine! You can also make your own lemon curd which I've done before.

Robyn said...

i used lemon pie filling and it was perfect! thank you!

LindsayAnn said...

The kids and I made these today. They're melt in your mouth delicious! My mother in law is a lemon fanatic, next time she's here I'll surprise her with these :)