Saturday, March 19, 2011

Make Ahead Scrambled Eggs

This week I was in charge of the Teacher Appreciation breakfast at the school. I had decided to serve breakfast burritos that the teachers could assemble themselves. So as I was preparing and figuring how I would make all the eggs and cook the bacon and have it all hot to serve, I decided to search for a make-ahead recipe for the eggs. (I still had to get up at the crack of dawn to cook 7 pounds of bacon!) I made this the night before and baked it in the morning and they were heavenly! Peter says I make great scrambled eggs and I think part of the secret is cooking them slowly and keep them moving in the pan. Then you don't get big dry hunks of egg that was scraped up from the bottom.
Enjoy!


  • 12 eggs
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 2 Tbsp. butter
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1/8 tsp. white pepper
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • Preparation:

    Beat eggs with cream in a large bowl. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Pour eggs into skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until eggs are scrambled and just set, but still moist. (do not overcook! dry scrambled eggs are gross!)

    Remove pan from heat and stir in sour cream. Spread eggs into a greased 12x7" glass baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.

    When ready to eat, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Uncover the baking dish and sprinkle eggs with pepper and salt. Stir gently, then bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and eggs are hot.

1 comment:

Johnsons of Haymarket said...

I can't believe all of these breakfasts and lunches you do for that school. I sure hope they appreciate how amazing you are! Thanks for the tip!