Thursday, February 9, 2012

Fudge Bars

To me, these bars are lethal. I love the taste, but I really love the texture. They are soft and chewy and irresistable. I promise that you will like them- how can you not like a combo of cookie and fudge! Enjoy!

Fudge Bars

1 pkg semi sweet cc (or milk choc if you like that better)
3 T butter
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 t vanilla

1 C butter
2 C brown sugar
2 eggs
2 ½ C flour
1 t baking powder
¾ t salt
¾ C oatmeal

Grease 10 x 15 x 1 in cookie sheet. Melt choc chips, 3 T butter and sweetened cond milk together in medium saucepan. Add vanilla and cool. In large bowl cream together 1 C butter and brown sugar; beat en eggs. Add flour, baking powder and salt that have been mixed together. Stir in oatmeal. Spread ¾ dough in bottom of pan to make crust. Spread fudge mixture over crust. Dot remaining dough over top. Bake 20 to 25 min. Cool and cut into bars.

1 comment:

Johnsons of Haymarket said...

Mandi I made these bars and took them to work and they were inhaled! The pan was practically licked clean! I'm making them again tonight. Thanks for sharing!!