Thursday, January 15, 2009

Taco Soup, Weight Watchers Recipe

I make this once a week and then eat the left-overs all week long. It's more like chili than soup. It's full of fiber and nutrients and low on points. Delicious!

3/4 to 1 pound ground turkey
1 onion chopped
1 packet taco seasoning
1 packet ranch flavor seasoning
1 can chilli beans
1 can pinto beans
2 cans diced tomatoes (one Mexican flavored)
1 can corn
Fresh cilantro

Cook the ground turkey and onion together until the turkey is browned and the onions are tender. Add the seasoning packets. Add the remaining ingredients except for cilantro, DO NOT DRAIN THE CANS. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or put it in the crock pot and heat until you are ready to eat it. Serve with fresh cilantro.
2 points per cup.

2 comments:

Shelese said...

YUMMY! I'm going to try this tonight, except I only have hamburger on hand. I'll have to try it w/ the turkey next time around.
Thanks Marsha!

Kristen said...

Sounds good. I need more healthy meals, I'm running out of ideas.