Ok, so we tried these last night and they were amazing! The burgers are 6 points and the fries are 3. Both recipies are for four people.
Monterey Jack Turkey Burgers
3/4 pound ground turkey
2 shallots, chopped
1 T soy sauce
1 T ketchup
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/4 tsp pepper
1/3 c. monterey jack cheese (I used a little more)
4 strips turkey bacon
4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
1 tomato, cut into 4 slices
1. In large bowl, combine turkey, shallots, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, and pepper. Blend in the cheese and form into 4 burgers.
2. Grill burgers 6-8 minutes per side. Cook the bacon (or use precooked microwavable kind) and put them all on a bun (we actually used the 100 calorie english muffins) with the tomato slices.
1 1/4 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch strips
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
4 tsp oil
1 tsp paprika
1. Preheat oven to 450, spray baking sheet with PAM.
2. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, 1/4 tsp of salt, sugar and cover with cold water. Let soak for 15 minutes, then drain and pat dry.
3. Toss potatoes with oil and paprika and place in single layer on baking sheet. Bake, turning over as they brown for about 45 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining salt.
These turn out almost like fried ones because of the soaking process that is supposed to help draw out some of the water in the potatoes so they crisp in the oven.